Professor of Chemistry
Academic Areas: Foldamers、Self–assembled cages
2008-2012 Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry,University of Bordeaux 1, European Institute of Chemistry and Biology, Bordeaux, France(CNRS Ph.D. Grant)
Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China,Advisor: Dr. Ivan Huc and Professor Hua Jiang
2005-2008 Master of Science in Organic Chemistry,Central China Normal University, Wuhan, China,Advisor: Professor Shenghua Liu
2001-2005 Bachelor of Science in Chemistry,Central China Normal University, Wuhan, China
2014-now Professor of Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering,Huazhong University of Science and Technology
2013-2014 Marie Curie experienced researcher at University of Cambridge,Advisor: Professor Jonathan Nitschke
1. Q. Gan, T. K. Ronson, D. A. Vosburg, J. D. Thoburn, J. R. Nitschke, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2015, 137, 1770−1773. Cooperative loading and release behavior of a metal-organic receptor.
2. J. Shang, Q. Gan, S. J. Dawson, F. Rosu, H. Jiang, Y. Ferrand, and I. Huc, Org. Lett., 2014, 16, 4992−4995. Self-association of aromatic oligoamide foldamers into double helices in water.
3. Q. Gan, Y. Wang, H. Jiang, Chin. J. Chem., 2013, 31, 651-656. Twisted helical microfibers by hierarchical self-assembly of an aromatic oligoamide foldamer.
4. Q. Gan, Yann Ferrand, Nagula Chandramouli, Brice Kauffmann, Christophe Aube, Didier Dubreuil, and Ivan Huc, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2012, 134, 15656−15659. Identification of a foldaxane kinetic byproduct during guest-induced single to double helix conversion.
5. Q. Gan, J. Shang, B. Kauffmann, Y. Wang, F. Bie, H. Jiang, Tetrahedron, 2012, 68, 4479-4484. A highly stable double helix of aromatic oligoamide comprised of fused ring aromatic units.
6. Q. Gan, Y. Ferrand, C. Bao, B. Kauffmann, A. Grélard, H. Jiang, I. Huc, Science, 2011, 331, 1172-1175. Helix-rod host-guest complexes with shuttling rates much faster than disassembly.
7. Y. Ferrand, Q. Gan, B. Kauffmann, H. Jiang, I. Huc, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2011, 50, 7572-7575. Template-induced screw motions within an aromatic amide foldamer double helix.
8. Q. Gan, Y. Wang, H. Jiang, Curr. Org. Chem., 2011, 15, 1293-1301. Aromatic amide foldamers: A paradigm for structure-property relationships.
9. Q. Gan, F. Li, G. Li, B. Kauffmann, J. Xiang, I. Huc, H. Jiang, Chem. Comm., 2010, 46, 297-299. Heteromeric double helix formation by cross-hybridization of chloro-and fluoro-substituted quinoline oligoamides.
10. C. Bao, Q. Gan, B. Kauffmann, H. Jiang, I. Huc, Chem. Eur. J., 2009, 15, 11530-11536. A self-assembled foldamer capsule: combining single and double helical segments in one aromatic amide sequence.
11. F. Li, Q. Gan, L. Xue, Z.-M. Wang, H. Jiang, Tetrahedron Lett., 2009, 50, 2367-2369. H-bonding directed one-step synthesis of novel macrocyclic peptides from ε-aminoquinolinecarboxylic acid.
12. Q. Gan, C. Bao, B. Kauffman, A. Grélard, J. Xiang, S. Liu, I. Huc, H. Jiang, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2008, 47, 1715-1718. Quadruple and double helices of 8-fluoroquinoline oligoamides.
13. C. Bao, B. Kauffman, Q. Gan, K. Srinivas, H. Jiang, and I. Huc, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2008, 47, 4153-4156. Converting sequences of aromatic amino acid monomers into functional three-dimensional structures: second-generation helical capsules.
14. H.-H Wang, Q. Gan, X.-J. Wang, L. Xue, S.-H Liu, H. Jiang, Org. Lett., 2007, 9, 4995-4998. A water-soluble, small molecular fluorescent sensor with femtomolar sensitivity for zinc ion.
● Recruitment Program for Young Professionals, China – May 2015
● Marie Curie Scholarship, European Research Council, European Union – March 2013
● Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China – March 2013
● The Special Prize of President Scholarship, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China – December 2012
● Institute Chief Award, Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China – April 2012
● Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad, China Scholarship Council, China – March 2011
● Excellent Young Scientist Fellowship by Institute of Chemistry, Beijing, China – April 2009