Professor of Chemistry
Academic Areas: Catalysis and Green Synthesis
Gu Yanlong is a professor in chemistry. He has a broad interest in homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis, organic synthesis, biomass derivatization and utilization, and green solvents like ionic liquids and bio-based media. His research efforts are focusing on (i) catalysis with acids including ionic liquids; (ii) multicomponent reactions; and (iii) eco-efficient processes based on biomass. In the past decade, Gu has published more than 70 research papers, 4 reviews in international peer review journals, and contributed two book chapters in the field. The most favored journals of Yanlong Gu are Green Chemistry and ChemSusChem. In the past three years, Yanlong Gu has been invited by many international conferences as plenary or key-note speakers. H index of the his publications reached 28 in 2014.
PhD degree in physical chemistry, 2005, Lanzhou Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Science, Lanzhou.
B.S. in chemistry, 1999, University of Inner Mongolia, Huhehot.
2005-2006. The University of Tokyo, Japan, JST post-doc in the group of Professor Shu Kobayashi.
2007-2008. University of Poitiers, France, CNRS post-doc in the group of Professor Francois Jerome.
2008-. Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, Professor.
1. Amir Taheri, Changhui Liu, Bingbing Lai, Cheng Cheng, Xiaojuan Pan and Yanlong Gu,* Brønsted acid ionic liquid catalyzed facile synthesis of 3-vinylindoles through direct C3 alkenylation of indoles with simple ketones, Green Chem. 2014, DOI: 10.1039/c4gc00840e.
2. Amir Taheri, Xiaojuan Pan, Changhui Liu, and Yanlong Gu,* Brøsted acid ionic liquid as a solvent-conserving catalyst for organic reactions, ChemSusChem, 2014, DOI: 10.1002/cssc.201402220.
3. Binshen Wang, Sijuan Yang, Lijun Min, Yanlong Gu,* Yongya Zhang, Xiaopei Wu, Lifeng Zhang, Elnazeer H. M. Elageed, Shi Wu, and Guohua Gao,* Eco-efficient synthesis of cyclic carbamates/dithiocarbonimidates from cyclic carbonates/trithiocarbonate and aromatic amines catalyzed by ionic liquid BmimOAc, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2014, DOI: 10.1002/adsc.201400026.
4. Shaohuan Sun, Rongxian Bai,* and Yanlong Gu,* From waste biomass to solid support: lignosulfonate as a cost-effective and renewable supporting material for catalysis, Chem. –Eur. J. 2014, 20, 549-558.
5. Xiaojuan Pan, Minghao Li, and Yanlong Gu,* Fe(OTf)3-catalyzed a-benzylation of aryl methyl ketones with electrophilic secondary and aryl alcohols, Chem. –Asian J. 2014, 9, 268-274.
6. Minghao Li, Amir Taheri, Meng Liu, Shaohuan Sun, and Yanlong Gu,* Three-Component Reactions of Aromatic Aldehydes and Two Different Nucleophiles and their Leaving Ability-Determined Downstream Conversions of the Products, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2014, 356, 537-556.
7. Dan Jiang, Xiaojuan Pan, Minghao Li, and Yanlong Gu,* 2‑Methylindole as an Indicative Nucleophile for Developing a Three-Component Reaction of Aldehyde with Two Different Nucleophiles, ACS Comb. Sci. 2014, 16, 287-292.
8. Yanlong Gu,* and Francois Jerome,* Bio-based solvents: an emerging generation of fluids for the design of eco-efficient processes in catalysis and organic chemistry, Chem. Soc. Rev. 2013, 42, 9550-9570.
9. Rongxian Bai, Hongkun Zhang, Fuming Mei, Shu Wang, Tao Li, Yanlong Gu* and Guangxing Li,* One-pot synthesis of glycidol from glycerol and dimethyl carbonate over a highly efficient and easily available solid catalyst NaAlO2, Green Chem. 2013, 15, 2929-2934.
10. Jie Yang, Binghua Zhou, Haoquan Li, Yanlong Gu*, Gluconic acid aqueous solution: a task-specific bio-based solvent for ring-opening reactions of dihydropyrans and dihydrofurans, Tetrahedron, 2013, 69, 1057-1064.
11. Jie Yang, Jia–Neng Tan, Yanlong Gu,* Lactic acid as an invaluable bio-based solvent for organic reactions, Green Chem. 2012, 14, 3304-3317.
12. Minghao Li, Yanlong Gu,* Reversible alkylation of dimedone with aldehyde: A neglected way for maximizing selectivity of three-component reactions of dimedone and an aldehyde, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2012, 354, 2484-2494.
13. Minghao Li, Biao Zhang, Yanlong Gu,* Facile construction of densely functionalized 4H-chromenes via three-component reactions catalyzed by L-proline, Green Chem. 2012, 14, 2421-2428.
14. Yanlong Gu,* Multicomponent reactions in unconventional solvents: state of the art, Green Chem. 2012, 14, 2091-2128 (top ten for the most accessed articles).
15. Jie Yang, Haoquan Li, Minghao Li, Jiajian Peng, Yanlong Gu,* Multicomponent reactions of -ketosulfone and formaldehyde in a bio-based binary mixture solvent system composed of meglumine and gluconic acid aqueous solution. Adv. Synth. Catal. 2012, 354, 688-700.
1. Up-and-coming youngster Award in Catalysis, 2012, Committee of Catalysis, Chinese Chemical Society
2. A member of ionic liquid committee, The Chemical Industry and Engineering Society of China
1. Green chemistry
2. Experiments of physical chemistry