Professor of Chemistry
Academic Areas: Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
A chemist and chemical engineer at HUST, Wuhan, China，Prof. Li studied catalysis chemistry in 1975 in Xiamen University, Xiamen, China, where he had been working on the synthesis of ammonia (with Prof. H. L.Wan). He then studied catalysis chemistry as a visiting research fellow in 1988 in the University of Tasmania, Hobart, Australia (with Prof. F. P. Larkins), where he carried out the research on F-T synthesis over Fe-Co catalyst. After several years working as a research associate at the Hubei Research Institute of Chemistry, Wuhan, P. R-China, he moved to Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), Wuhan, P. R. China in 1993. Since January 2000, he is a Professor in the Department of Chemistry, HUST, and Director of Physical Chemistry and Industrial Catalysis, HUST. His research interests included homogeneous, heterogeneous catalysis and catalytic engineering, especially in the fields of carbonylation, hydrogenation and oxidation.
1972.4-1975.9 Major in Catalysis, Chemistry Department, Xiamen University, China
1988.9-1990.5 Chemistry Department, Tasmania University, Australia. Visiting Scholar
1993 – 1999 Chemistry Department, HUST A/Professor
1999 – 2003 Chemistry Department, HUST Professor
2003 – 2008 Chemistry Department, HUST Prof., Vice Dean of Dept.Chem.,
2009- School of Chem. & Chem. Enging, HUST Professor
In terms of R & D, Prof. LI’ research includes physical chemistry, catalysis, C1 chemistry, environment protection and green chemical engineering. Importantly, Prof. Li has made substantial contributions in homogeneous catalysis and C1 chemistry fields, and it has been granted from National Committee of Development and Reforming, 863 Program of Chinese Ministry of Science & Technology, Hubei Science and Technology Department, National key lab of C1 chemistry, etc. In recent years, Prof. Li has been highly capable of the fundamental research and innovative technologies with well equipped instruments and a variety of fund supports. Fruitfully, Prof. Li has issued more than 150 academic publications on ChemSusChem, ChemCatChem, Adv. Synth. Catal., Appl. Catal.A, J. Mol. Catal.A, CEJ, Catal. Comm., Appl. Organomet. Chem., Org. Process Res. Dev., Green Chem., and Chin. J. Catal. It has been filed more than 15 patents. Meanwhile, Prof. Li has successfully chaired the 10th symposium of national homogeneous catalysis in 2007. In addition, Prof. Li keeps close collaborations with the scientists in the catalysis fields from Austrilia, UK, Poland, Germany, and France.
1. Lei, Yizhu; Zhang, Rui; Wu, Linjuan; Wu, Qing; Mei, Hui; Li, Guangxing*, Pd-catalyzed carbonylation of quaternary ammonium halides to tertiary amides , Appl.Organometal. Chem., (2014), 28(4), 310-314.
2. Lei, Yizhu; Zhang, Rui; Wu, Qing; Mei, Hui; Xiao, Bo; Li, Guangxing*, Carbonylation of quaternary ammonium salts to tertiary amides using NaCo(CO)4 catalyst , J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem., (2014), 381, 120-125.
3. He, Fei; Li, Jinlin; Li, Tao*; Li, Guangxing*, Solvothermal synthesis of mesoporous TiO2: The effect of morphology, size and calcination progress on photocatalytic activity in the degradation of gaseous benzene , Chem.Enging. J., (2014), 237, 312-321.
4. Bai, Rongxian; Zhang, Hongkun; Mei, Fuming; Wang, Shu; Li, Tao; Gu, Yanlong; Li, Guangxing*, One-pot synthesis of glycidol from glycerol and dimethyl carbonate over a highly efficient and easily available solid catalyst NaAlO2, Green Chem.,(2013), 15(10), 2929-2934.
5. Lei, Yizhu; Zhang, Rui; Han, Wenjia; Mei, Hui; Gu, Yanlong; Xiao, Bo; Li, Guangxing*, Promotion effects of Lewis acid/(CH3)4NI on [Co(CO)4]--catalyzed C-N bond activation in the carbonylation of trimethylamine, Catal. Comm., (2013), 38, 45-49.
6. Mei, Hui; Han, Wenjia; Hu, Jianglin; Xiao, Se; Lei, Yizhu; Zhang, Rui; Mo, Wanlin; Li, Guangxing*, Palladium-catalyzed unstrained C(sp3)-bond activation: the synthesis of N,N-dimethylacetamide by carbonylation of trimethylamine, Appl.Organometal. Chem., (2013), 27(3), 177-183.
7. Bai, Rongxian; Wang, Yi; Wang, Shu; Mei, Fuming; Li, Tao; Li, Guangxing*, Synthesis of glycerol carbonate from glycerol and dimethyl carbonate catalyzed by NaOH/γ-Al2O3 , Fuel Processing Technology (2013), 106, 209-214.
8. Hu, Jianglin; Zhang, Qi; Guan, Zhenhong; Gu, Yanlong; Mo, Wanling; Li, Tao; Li, Guangxing*, Palladium-Catalyzed Carbonylation of Chloroacetates to Afford Malonates: Controlling the Selectivity of the Product in a Buffer, ChemCatChem (2012), 4(11), 1776-1782.
9. Guan, Zhenhong; Hu, Jianglin; Gu, Yanlong; Zhang, Haojun; Li, Guangxing; Li, Tao*, PdCl2(py)2 encaged in monodispersed zeolitic hollow spheres: a highly efficient and reusable catalyst for Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling reaction in aqueous media , Green Chem., (2012), 14(7), 1964-1970.
10. Jianglin Hu, Yanlong Gu, Zhenhong Guan, Jinjin Li, Wanling Mo, Tao Li, and Guangxing Li, An efficient palladium catalyst system for oxidative carbonylation of glycerol to glycerol carbonate, ChemSusChem, 2011, 4,1767-1772
11. Rongxian Bai, Shu Wang, Fuming Mei, Tao Li, Guangxing Li, Synthesis of glycerol carbonate from glycerol and dimethyl carbonate catalyzed by KF modified hydroxyapatite, J.I.E.C., 2011, 17, 777-781
12. Jinjin Li, Jianglin Hu, Guangxing Li, Au(III)/N-containing ligand complex: A novel and efficient catalyst in carbonylation of alkyl nitrite, Catalysis Communications, 2011, 12, 1401–1404.
13. Youming Ni, Aiming Sun, Xiaoling Wu, Guoliang Hai, Jianglin Hu, Tao Li, Guangxing Li, Facile synthesis of hierarchical nanocrystalline ZSM-5 zeolite under mild conditions and its catalytic performance, J. Coll. Interf. Sci., 2011, 361, 521–526.
14. Youming Ni, Aiming Sun, Xiaoling Wu, Guoliang Hai, Jianglin Hu, Tao Li, Guangxing Li, The preparation of nano-sized H[Zn, Al]ZSM-5 zeolite and its application in the aromatization of methanol, Micr. Mes. Mater., 2011, 143 (2-3), pg. 435–442
15. Jinjin Li, Jianglin Hu, Yanlong Gu, Fuming Mei, Tao Li, Guangxing Li, Catalytic activities and properties of Au(III)/Schiff-base complexes in methanol oxidative carbonylation, J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem.,2011, 340, 53–59.
16. Dajian Zhu, Fuming Mei, Lijuan Chen, Wanling Mo, Tao Li, Guangxing Li, An efficient catalyst Co(salophen) for synthesis of diethyl carbonate by oxidative carbonylation of ethanol, Fuel, 2011, 90, 2098–2102.
17. Fuming Mei, Lijuan Chen, Guangxing Li, A study on the heterobinuclear site of Co(salen)/TiO2–SiO2 catalysts in the oxidative carbonylation of aniline, Appl. Organometal. Chem., 2010, 24, 86–91.
18. Jianglin Hu, Jinjin Li, Yanlong Gu, Zhenhong Guan, Wanling Mo, Youming Ni, Tao Li, Guangxing Li, Oxidative carbonylation of glycerol to glycerol carbonate catalyzed by PdCl2(phen)/KI, Applied Catalysis A: General, 2010, 386, 188–193.
19. Huajun Wang, Guangxing Li, Kinetic study on the synthesis of ethyl nitrite by the reaction of C2H5OH, O2, and NO in a trickle bed reactor, Chem. Enging J., 2010, 163, 422–428.
20. Youming Ni, Weiye Peng, Aiming Sun, Wanling Mo, Jianglin Hu, Tao Li, Guangxing Li, High selective and stable performance of catalytic aromatization of alcohols and ethers over La/Zn/HZSM-5 catalysts, J.Ind. Enging Chem., 2010, 16, 503–505.
21. WanlingMo, HuiXiong, Jianglin Hu, Youming Ni, Guangxing Li, The influence of halogen anions and N-ligands in CuXn/N-ligands on the catalytic performance in oxidative carbonylation of methanol, Applied Organometallic Chemistry, 2010, 24, 576-580.
22. Hui Xiong, Wanling Mo, Jianglin Hu, Rongxian Bai, Guangxing Li. CuCl/phen/NMI in homogeneous carbonylation for synthesis of diethyl carbonate: highly active catalyst and corrosion inhibitor. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 2009, 48, 10845–10849.
23. Dajian Zhu, Fuming Mei, Lijuan Chen, Tao Li, Wanling Mo, Guangxing Li. Synthesis of dimethyl carbonate by oxidative carbonylation using an efficient and recyclable catalyst co-schiff base/zeolite. Energy & Fuels, 2009, 23, 2359–2363.
24. Fei He, Peng Li, Yanlong Gu, Guangxing Li. Glycerol as a green and promoting medium for electrophilic activation of aldehydes: catalyst-free synthesis of di(indolyl)methanes, xanthene- 1,8(2H)-diones and 1-oxo-hexahydroxanthenes. Green Chem., 2009, 11, 1767–1773.
25. Yanlong Gu, Guangxing Li. Ionic liquids-based catalysis with solids: state of the art. Adv. Synth. Catal., 2009, 351, 817–847.
1. Member of Homogeneous Catalysis Committee, Chinese Chemical Society
2. Member of Hubei Chemistry and Chemical Industry Society, Wuhan, China
3. Editor member of Journal of Hubei Chemical Engineering
4. Editor member of Chinese Journal of C1 Chem. and Chem Enging. China
5. Editor member of Chinese Journal of Industrial Catalysis, China
6. Vice Dean of Hubei Key Lab. of Material Chemistry and Service Failure. China
7. Chairman of Organization Committee of 10 th National Homogeneous Catalysis Conference, China
1. Undergraduate students：《Industrial Catalysis 0700752》、《Analysis and Development of Chemical Process 0703961》
2. Graduate students：《Industrial Catalysis 》、《Synthetic Chemistry of materials》