Professor of Chemistry
Academic Areas: Electrochemical nano-structured energy materials
Dr. Wang Deli is currently a professor of School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. She received her PhD from Wuhan University in 2008. And then she joined in Nanyang Technological University working as a research fellow for one year. She moved to Cornell University in 2009, joined in Energy Materials Center at Cornell (EMC2) as a postdoctoral associate for three years. In 2012, she came back to China and joint in Huazhong University of Science & Technology (HUST). Her research interests mainly focused on nanomaterials for energy conversion and storage. So far, Dr. Wang has published more than 30 research papers, including Nat. Mater., JACS, Nano Lett., etc. Her papers have been cited for more than 600 times. Some of her papers have been reported by science daily, science now et. al more than 10 news media and highlighted by MRS Bull.
09/2003 – 06/2008: Ph.D., in Physical Chemistry (Materials Electrochemistry), College of Chemistry & Molecular Sciences (admitted without examination), Wuhan University, China; Advisors: Prof. Lin Zhuang & Prof. Juntao Lu
09/1999 – 06/2003: B.S., College of Chemistry & Environment Sciences, Henan,Normal University, China. (Recommended for postgraduate admission at Wuhan University)
12/2012-present: Professor in Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Huazhong University of Science & Technology
10/2009-11/2012: Postdoctoral Associate in Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology and the Energy Materials Center, Cornell University; Advisors: Prof. H. D. Abruña & F. J. DiSalvo
08/2008-09/2009:Research Fellow in School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Fuel Cells Strategic Research Program, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore; Advisor: Prof. San Ping Jiang,
09/2005–06/2008: NSFC & NCET Project: “Multi-factor of PtRu/C Catalysts”, Aiming at the Structure-Activity Relationships of PtRu/C Catalysts for DMFCs” College of Chemistry &
Molecular Sciences Wuhan University, China, Advisors: Prof. Lin Zhuang & Prof. Juntao Lu
09/2004 – 06/2005: A cooperation project of company and university aiming at high capacity cathode materials for secondary lithium batteries, College of Chemistry & Molecular Sciences, Wuhan University, China, Advisors: Prof. George Zheng Chen & Prof. Xiaohong Hu
1. Deli Wang, Huolin L. Xin, Robert Hovden, Hongsen Wang, Yingchao Yu, David A. Muller, Francis J. DiSalvo and Héctor D. Abruña, Structurally Ordered Intermetallic Platinum-Cobalt Core-Shell Nanoparticles with Enhanced Activity and Stability as Oxygen Reduction Electrocatalysts, Nat. Mater., 2013, 12, 81-87.
2. Deli Wang, Yingchao Yu, Huolin L. Xin, Robert Hovden, Peter Ercius, Julia A. Mundy, Hao Chen, David A. Muller, Francis J. DiSalvo, and Héctor D. Abruña, Tuning ORR Activity via Controllable Dealloying: A Model Study of Ordered Cu3Pt/C Intermetallic Nanocatalysts, Nano Letter, 2012, 12, 5230-5238.
3. Deli Wang, Huolin L. Xin, Hongsen Wang, Yingchao Yu, Eric Rus, David A. Muller, Francis J. DiSalvo, Héctor D. Abruña, Facile Synthesis of Carbon-Supported Pd−Co Core−Shell Nanoparticles as Oxygen Reduction Electrocatalysts and Their Enhanced Activity and Stability with Monolayer Pt Decoration. Chem. Mater., 2012, 24, 2274-2281.
4. Deli Wang, Huolin L. Xin, Yingchao Yu, Hongsen Wang, Eric Rus, David A. Muller, Héctor D. Abruña, Pt-Decorated PdCo@Pd/C Core-Shell Nanoparticles with Enhanced Stability and Electrocatalytic Activity for Oxygen Reduction Reaction,J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2010, 132, 17664-17666.
5. Deli Wang, Chinmayee V. Subban, Hongsen Wang, Eric Rus, Francis J. DiSalvo, Héctor D. Abruña, Highly Stable and CO-tolerant Pt/Ti0.7W0.3O2 Electrocatalyst for Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2010, 132, 10218-10220.
6. Deli Wang, Jie Wang, Shanfu Lu, San Ping Jiang, Facile synthesis of sub-monolayer Sn, Ru, and RuSn decorated Pt/C nanoparticles for formaldehyde electrooxidation, J. Electroanal. Chem., 2014, 712, 55-61.
7. Deli Wang, Yingchao Yu, Weidong Zhou, Hao Chen, David A. Muller, Francis J. DiSalvo, Hector D. Abruña, Infiltrating Sulfur in a Hierarchical Architecture MWCNT@meso C Core-Shell Nanocomposites for Lithium-Sulfur Batteries, PhysChemChemPhys, 2013, 15, 9051-9057.
8. Deli Wang, Shanfu Lu, Yan Xiang, San Ping Jiang, Electrostatic Self-assembly of HPW on Pt/C nanoparticles and its application for fuel cells, Appl. Catal. B: Environ. 2011, 103, 311-317.
9. Deli Wang, Shanfu Lu, Pawel J. Kulesza, Chang Ming Li, Roland De Marco, San Ping Jiang, Enhanced Oxygen Reduction at Pd Catalytic Nanoparticles Dispersed onto Heteropolytungstate-Assembed Poly(diallyldimethylammonium)-Functionalized Carbon Nanotube, PhysChemChemPhys, 2011, 13, 4400-4410.
10. Deli Wang, Shanfu Lu, San Ping Jiang, Pd/HPW-PDDA-MWCNTs as effective non-Pt electrocatalysts for oxygen reduction reaction of fuel cells, Chem. Commun., 2010, 46, 2058-2060.
1. National 1000 Youth Talent Plan, 2013
2. The MOE New Century Excellent Talent, 2013