Professor of Chemistry
Phone: (86) 27-87793436
Academic Areas: Membrane Fabrication & Separation
Dr. Wang Yan is the Professor in the School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology since 2013. Her reasearch area includes the development of new membrane materials for separation applications, water treatment via forward osmosis, reverse osmosis and filtration processes, pervaporation separation for liquid separation and biofuel purification, as well as integration and scale-up of membrane processes. She has published more than 20 papers in the leading scholarly journals in membrane science and technology, such as Journal of Membrane Science, AICHE Journal, Progress in Polymer Science, etc. She has also more than 30 conference papers and 5 internationl patent applications. In addition, she was invited to deliver several invited talks in the international conferences. She is also a regular reviewer for about 10 scientific journals.
PhD in Membrane Separation, 2009, National University of Singapore;
Master in Chemistry, 2003, National University of Singapore;
BA in Chemical Engineering, 1996, Hefei University of Technology, Anhui, China.
Since 2013 Huazhong University of Science & Technology, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Professor
Feb 2009 ~ Dec. 2012 National University of Singapore, Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, Research Fellow, Senior Research Fellow
Feb 2003 ~ Feb 2005 Sea To Sky Innovations (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., Chemical Engineer
Jul 1996 ~ Jul 1997 Chaohu Normal College (Chaohu, Anhui, P.R. China), Department of Chemistry, Lecturer
1. Dan Hua, Yee Kang Ong, Yan Wang, Ting Xu Yang, Tai-Shung Chung, ZIF-90/P84 mixed matrix membranes for pervaporation dehydration of isopropanol, Journal of Membrane Science, 2014, 453, 155.
2. Jian Zuo, Yan Wang, Tai-Shung Chung, Novel organic-inorganic thin film composite membranes with separation performance surpassing ceramic membranes for isopropanol dehydration, Journal of Membrane Science, 433 (2013) 60-71.
3. Yan Wang, Tai Shung Chung, Michael Gruender, Sulfonated polybenzimidazole membranes for pervaporation dehydration of acetic acid, Journal of Membrane Science, 415–416 (2012) 486–495.
4. Yan Wang, Tai-Shung Chung, Huan Wang, Polyamide-imide membranes with surface immobilized cyclodextrin for butanol isomer separation via pervaporation, AICHE J, 57 (6) (2011) 1470-1484.
5. Yan Wang, Tai-Shung Chung, Bernard Neo, Michael Gruender, Processing and engineering of pervaporation dehydration of ethylene glycol via dual-layer polybenzimidazole (PBI) /polyetherimide (PEI) membranes, Journal of Membrane Science, 378 (2011) 339-350.
6. Yan Wang, Michael Gruender, Tai-Shung Chung, Pervaporation dehydration of ethylene glycol through polybenzimidazole (PBI)-based membranes. 1. Membrane fabrication, Journal of Membrane Science, 363 (2010) 149–159.
7. Yan Wang, Tai-Shung Chung, Wang Huan, Suat Hong Goh, Butanol isomer separation using polyamide-imide/CD mixed matrix membranes via pervaporation, Chemical Engineering Science, 64 (2009) 5198-5209.
8. Yan Wang, Suat Hong Goh, Tai-Shung Chung, Peng Na, Polyamide-imide/polyetherimide dual-Layer hollow fiber membranes for pervaporation dehydration of C1-C4 alcohols, Journal of Membrane Science, 326 (2009) 222-233.
9. Lan Ying Jiang, Yan Wang, Tai-Shung Chung, Xiang Yi Qiao, Juin-Yih Lai, A review Polyimides membranes for pervaporation and biofuels separation, Progress in Polymer Science, 34 (2009) 1135-1160.
10. Yan Wang, Lanying Jiang, Takeshi Matsuura, Tai-Shung Chung, Suat Hong Goh, Investigation of the fundamental differences between polyamide-imide (PAI) and polyetherimide (PEI) membranes for isopropanol dehydration via pervaporation, Journal of Membrane Science, 318 (2008) 217-226.
1. Y. Wang, N. Widjojo, P. Sukitpaneenit, T. S. Chung, Membrane pervaporation, in Separation and Purification Technologies in Biorefineries, Chapter 10, 259-289, doi: 10.1002/9781118493441.ch10, edited by S. Ramaswamy, H. J. Huang, B. V. Ramarao, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Chichester, UK. (4 MAR 2013)
2. B. T. Low, Y. Wang, T. S. Chung, Polymeric membranes for energy applications, Encyclopedia of Membrane Science and Technology, p. 2066-2101, Edited by E. M. V. Hoek, M. M. Pendergast, and V. V. Tarabara, John Wiley & Sons (15 JUN 2010). DOI: 10.1002/0471440264.pst028
• 1000 Young Talent Program of China (2013)
• PhD Prize in Environmental and Sustainability Research, 2010, World Future Foundation, Singapore
• IES Prestigious Engineering Achievement Awards 2010, The Institution of Engineers, Singapore
· Chemistry English and Literatures