Professor of Chemistry
Academic Areas: Analytical Chemistry
Zhang Jingdong is a Professor at School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China. His research spans analytical chemistry and environmental chemistry. He is interested in electroanalysis, biosensors, environmental electrochemistry, pollutant determination and removal, and photoelectrochemical materials. He has published more than sixty research papers in international scholarly journals. Prof. Zhang teaches Instrumental Analysis for undergraduate students, and Modern Optical Analytical Techniques for graduate students in Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, 2000, Hunan University, China;
M.S. in Metal Corrosion and Protection, 1996, Hunan University, China
B.S. in Chemistry, 1993, Anhui Normal University, China
Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, Professor (2009-present);
Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, Associate Professor (2001-2009);
Jackson State University, USA, Research Associate (2005-2006);
Kyoto University, Japan, Researcher (2003- 2005);
Kwansei Gakuin University, Japan , Postdoctor (2002- 2003);
Chonbuk National University, South Korea, Postdoctor (2001- 2002);
Changsha University of Electric Power, China, Lecturer (1996-2001).
1. Rui Wang, Kai Yan, Fei Wang, Jingdong Zhang*. A highly sensitive photoelectrochemical sensor for 4-aminophenol based on CdS-graphene nanocomposites and molecularly imprinted polypyrrole. Electrochimica Acta, 2014, 121: 102-108.
2. Fei Wang, Lihua Zhu, Jingdong Zhang*. Electrochemical sensor for levofloxacin based on molecularly imprinted polypyrrole-graphene-gold nanoparticles modified electrode. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2014, 192: 642-647.
3. Kai Yan, Rui Wang, Jingdong Zhang*. A photoelectrochemical biosensor for o-aminophenol based on assembling of CdSe and DNA on TiO2 film electrode. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2014, 53: 301-304.
4. Mingming Fan, Changzhu Yang, Wenhong Pu, Jingdong Zhang*. Liquid phase deposition of ZnO film for photoelectrocatalytic degradation of p-nitrophenol. Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 2014, 17: 104-109.
5. Ruizhen Li, Anhong Zhou, Qiang Lu, Changzhu Yang, Jingdong Zhang*. In situ monitoring and analysis of the photocatalytic degradation process and mechanism on recyclable Au NPs-TiO2 NTs substrate using surface-enhanced Raman scattering. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 2013, 436: 270-278.
6. Lijiao Zeng, Rui Wang, Lihua Zhu, Jingdong Zhang*. Graphene and CdS nanocomposite: A facile interface for construction of DNA-based electrochemical biosensor and its application to the determination of phenformin. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2013, 110: 8-14.
7. Joanna Borowiec, Rui Wang, Lihua Zhu, Jingdong Zhang*. Synthesis of nitrogen-doped graphene nanosheets decorated with gold nanoparticles as an improved sensor for electrochemical determination of chloramphenicol. Electrochimica Acta, 2013, 99: 138-144.
8. Jianyu Gong, Changzhu Yang, Wenhong Pu, Jingdong Zhang*. Novel one-step preparation of tungsten loaded TiO2 nanotube arrays with enhanced photoelectrocatalytic activity for pollutant degradation and hydrogen production. Catalysis Communications, 2013, 36: 89-93.
9. Fangfang Xie, Joanna Borowiec, Jingdong Zhang*. Synthesis of AgCl nanoparticles-loaded hydrotalcite as highly efficient adsorbent for removal of thiocyanate. Chemical Engineering Journal, 2013, 223: 584-591.
10. Lili Wei, Joanna Borowiec, Lihua Zhu, Jingdong Zhang*. Electrochemical investigation on the interaction of diclofenac with DNA and its application to the construction of a graphene-based biosensor. Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, 2012, 16(12): 3817-3823.
11. Jianyu Gong, Wenhong Pu, Changzhu Yang, Jingdong Zhang*. Tungsten and nitrogen co-doped TiO2 electrode sensitized with Fe-chlorophyllin for visible light photoelectrocatalysis. Chemical Engineering Journal, 2012, 209: 94-101.
12. Jianyu Gong, Wenhong Pu, Changzhu Yang, Jingdong Zhang*. A simple electrochemical oxidation method to prepare highly ordered Cr-doped titania nanotube arrays with promoted photoelectrochemical property. Electrochimica Acta, 2012, 68: 178-183.
13. Joanna Borowiec, Lili Wei, Lihua Zhu, Jingdong Zhang*. Multi-walled carbon nanotubes modified glassy carbon electrode for sensitive determination of ketoconazole. Analytical Methods, 2012, 4(2): 444-448.
14. Xinyue Hu, Juan Yang, Jingdong Zhang*. Magnetic loading of TiO2/SiO2/Fe3O4 nanoparticles on electrode surface for photoelectrocatalytic degradation of diclofenac. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2011, 196: 220-227.
15. Lili Wei, Juan Yang, Joanna Borowiec, Jingdong Zhang*. A Metal-free Approach Based on Graphene Oxide-modified Electrode for Monitoring the Photoelectrocatalytic Degradation of EDTA. Electroanalysis, 2011, 23(10): 2373-2378.
16. Lili Wei, Joanna Borowiec, Lihua Zhu, Jingdong Zhang*. Electrochemical sensor for monitoring the photodegradation of catechol based on DNA-modified graphene oxide. Microchimica Acta, 2011, 173(3-4): 439-443.
17. Rui Wang, Jingdong Zhang*, Yonggang Hu. Liquid phase deposition of hemoglobin/SDS/TiO2 hybrid film preserving photoelectrochemical activity. Bioelectrochemistry, 2011, 81(1): 34-38.
18. Jianyu Gong, Changzhu Yang, Wenhong Pu, Jingdong Zhang*. Liquid phase deposition of tungsten doped TiO2 films for visible light photoelectrocatalytic degradation of dodecyl-benzenesulfonate. Chemical Engineering Journal, 2011, 167(1): 190-197.
19. Juan Yang, Xinyue Hu, Jingdong Zhang*. Voltammetric monitoring photodegradation of EDTA based on carbon nanotubes-modified electrode. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2010, 181(1-3): 742-746.
20. Xinyue Hu, Juan Yang, Changzhu Yang, Jingdong Zhang*. UV/H2O2 degradation of 4-aminoantipyrine: a voltammetric study. Chemical Engineering Journal, 2010, 161(1-2): 68-72.
21. Jingdong Zhang, Qiang Ding, Rui Wang, Jianyu Gong, Changzhu Yang. Liquid phase deposition of mesoporous TiO2/DNA hybrid film: Characterization and photoelectrochemical investigation. Electrochimica Acta, 2010, 55(11): 3614-3620.
22. Yaobin Ding, Changzhu Yang, Lihua Zhu, Jingdong Zhang. Photoelectrochemical activity of liquid phase deposited TiO2 film for degradation of benzotriazole, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2010, 175(1-3): 96-103.
23. Yanping Cui, Changzhu Yang, Wenhong Pu, Munetaka Oyama, Jingdong Zhang. The influence of gold nanoparticles on simultaneous determination of uric acid and ascorbic acid. Analytical Letters, 2010, 43(1): 22-33.
24. Guodong Jiang, Heqing Tang, Lihua Zhu, Jingdong Zhang, Bin Lu. Improving electrochemical properties of liquid phase deposited TiO2 thin films by doping sodium dodecylsulfonate and its application as bioelectrocatalytic sensor for hydrogen peroxide. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2009, 138(2): 607-612.
25. Yanqiong Zheng, Changzhu Yang, Wenhong Pu, Jingdong Zhang. Determination of oxalic acid in spinach with carbon nanotubes-modified electrode. Food Chemistry, 2009, 114(4): 1523-1528.
26. Yanqiong Zheng, Changzhu Yang, Wenhong Pu, Jingdong Zhang. A carbon nanotube-based DNA biosensor for monitoring phenol pollutants. Microchimica Acta, 2009, 166(1-2): 21-26.
27. Jingdong Zhang, Yanqiong Zheng, Guodong Jiang, Changzhu Yang, Munetaka Oyama. Electrocatalytic evaluation of liquid phase deposited methylene blue/TiO2 hybrid films. Electrochemistry Communications, 2008, 10(7): 1038-1040.
28. Jingdong Zhang, Munetaka Oyama. Tunable electrochemical properties of liquid phase deposited TiO2 films. Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, 2008, 38(10): 1421-1426.
29. Jingdong Zhang, Manliang Feng, Hiroyasu Tachikawa. Layer-by-layer fabrication and direct electrochemistry of glucose oxidase on single wall carbon nanotubes. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2007, 22(12): 3036-3041.
30. Jingdong Zhang, Munetaka Oyama. Electrocatalytic activity of three-dimensional monolayer of 3-mercaptopropionic acid assembled on gold nanoparticle arrays. Electrochemistry Communications, 2007, 9(3): 459-464.
31. Yanping Cui, Changzhu Yang, Wei Zeng, Munetaka Oyama, Wenhong Pu, Jingdong Zhang. Electrochemical determination of nitrite using a gold nanoparticles modified glassy carbon electrode prepared by the seed mediated growth technique. Analytical Sciences, 2007, 23(12): 1421-1425.
32. Yanping Cui, Changzhu Yang, Wei Zeng, Munetaka Oyama, Yanqiong Zheng, Wenhong Pu, Jingdong Zhang. Three dimensional monolayer of 3-mercaptopropionic acid assembled on gold nanoparticles for electrochemical determination of trace Cu(II). Analytical Letters, 2007, 40(11): 2151-2160.
33. Gongming Qian, Changzhu Yang, Wenhong Pu, Jintao Huang, Jingdong Zhang. A novel polycatechol/platinum composite film prepared by electrochemical synthesis. Synthetic metals, 2007, 2007, 157(10-12): 448-453.
34. Jingdong Zhang, Munetaka Oyama. Gold nanoparticle-attached ITO electrode as a biocompatible matrix for myoglobin immobilization: direct electrochemistry and catalysis to hydrogen peroxide. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 2005, 577(2): 273-279.
35. Jingdong Zhang, Munetaka Oyama. Gold nanoparticle arrays directly grown on nanostructured indium tin oxide electrodes: characterization and electroanalytical application. Analytica Chimica Acta, 2005, 540(2): 299-306.
36. Jingdong Zhang, Miyako Kambayashi, Munetaka Oyama. Seed Mediated Growth of Gold Nanoparticles on Indium Tin Oxide Electrodes: Electrochemical Characterization and Evaluation. Electroanalysis, 2005, 17(5-6): 408-416.
37. Jingdong Zhang, Munetaka Oyama. Electron Transfer Kinetics at a Liquid Phase Deposited Mesoporous TiO2 Film Seeded with Gold Nanoparticles. Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, 2005, 8(5): E49-E52.
38. Jingdong Zhang, Miyako Kambayashi, Munetaka Oyama. A novel electrode surface fabricated by directly attaching gold nanospheres and nanorods onto indium tin oxide substrate with a seed mediated growth process. Electrochemistry Communications, 2004, 6(7): 683-688.
39. Jingdong Zhang, Munetaka Oyama. A hydrogen peroxide sensor based on the peroxidase activity of hemoglobin immobilized on gold nanoparticles-modified ITO electrode. Electrochimica Acta, 2004, 50(1): 85-90.
40. Jingdong Zhang, Changzhu Yang, Gang Chang, Haiyun Zhu, Munetaka Oyama. Voltammetric behavior of TiO2 films on graphite electrodes prepared by liquid phase deposition. Materials Chemistry and Physics, 2004, 88(2-3): 398-403.
41. Jingdong Zhang, Munetaka Oyama. Electroanalysis of myoglobin and hemoglobin with a boron-doped diamond electrode. Microchemical Journal, 2004, 78(2): 217-222.
42. Jingdong Zhang, Kyoungja Seo, Il Ceol Jeon. Application of a gold electrode modified by a self-assembled monolayer of 2-mercaptodecylhydroquinone, to the electroanalysis of hemoglobin. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 2003, 375(4): 539-543.
43. Jingdong Zhang, Il Cheol Jeon. Electrochemical Behavior of Dopamine and Ascorbic Acid at Osmium(II) Cationic Monolayer Modified Gold Electrodes. Analytical Sciences, 2002, 18(10): 1085-1088.
44. Jingdong Zhang, Wanzhi Wei. Magnetic Field Effect on the Electrochemical Behavior of Hemoglobin. Electroanalysis, 2001, 13(10): 888-890.
45. Jingdong Zhang, Wanzhi Wei, Anhong Zhou, Shouzhuo Yao. A novel investigation of magnetic field effects on the sedimentation of erythrocytes with the series piezoelectric quartz crystal sensor. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 2001, 180(1-2): 155-161.
46. Jingdong Zhang, Anhong Zhou, Qingji Xie, Wanzhi Wei. A long path length spectroelectrochemical behavior analysis of the coabsorption system. Talanta，2000，52(5): 903-908.
47. Jingdong Zhang, Shouzhuo Yao, Lihua Nie, Wanzhi Wei. Evaluation of the Kinetic Parameters of First-Order Reactions Following Charge Transfer by Applying a Long-Path-Length Spectroelectrochemical Technique. Analytical Sciences, 2000, 16(1): 87-91.
1. “Liquid phase deposition of nanostructured TiO2 films with photocatalytic, electrochemical and photoelectrochemical activities”, in: Recent Trend in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, VDM Verlag, Germany, 2010, 139-174.
2. “Recent advances in metal nanoparticle-attached electrodes”, in: Advanced Nanomaterials, Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co., Weinheim, 2010, 297-318.
3. “Wet chemical deposition of metal nanoparticles and metal oxide nanostructured films on electrode surfaces for bioelectroanalysis”, in: Nanostructured Materials for Electrochemical Biosensors, NOVA Science publishers, Inc., New York, 2009. 129-152.
4. “Electrochemical sensors based on carbon nanotubes”, in: Electrochemical Sensors, Biosensors and Their Biomedical Applications, Elsevier Inc., 2008, 459-501.
• Huazhong Scholar, 2011, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
• Second Class Prize for Natural Science Achievement, 2009, Ministry of Education of China