Professor of Chemistry
Phone: (86) 27-87543232
Academic Areas: Organic Chemistry
Prof. Dr. Zheng Yan-Song received his Ph D in 1996 at Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences and jointed the faculty at Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 1998. He did his postdoctoral research work at University of Hong Kong in 2000-2001 and was a visiting scholar at University of Mississippi in 2002-2004. Now he is a Professor of School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering at Huazhong University of Science and Technology. His current research interests are as the following. 1. Chiral recognition and enantiomeric excess determination based on aggregation-induced emission (AIE). 2. Synthesis and properties of tetraphenylethylene macrocyclic compounds with AIE effects and their properties in molecule recognition and self-assembly. 3. Improvement of synthetic process of some important drug molecules.
• Song Song, Hua-Fei Zheng, Hai-Tao Feng, Yan-Song Zheng,* Microtubes and hollow microspheres formed by winding of nanoribbons from self-assembly of tetraphenylethylene amide macrocycle, Chem. Commun. 2014, DOI:10.1039/c4cc05390g.
• Hai-Tao Feng, Jin-Hua Wang, Yan-Song Zheng,* CH3- Interaction of explosives with cavity of a TPE macrocycle: the key cause for highly selective detection of TNT, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2014, DOI:10.1021/am505636f.
• Jin-Hua Wang, Hai-Tao Feng, Yan-Song Zheng,* Synthesis of tetraphenylethylene pillararenes and the selective fast quenching of their AIE fluorescence by TNT. Chem. Commun., 2014, 50 (77), 11407–11410.
• Jin-Hua Wang, Hai-Tao Feng, Jun Luo, Yan-Song Zheng,* Monomer emission and aggregate emission of an imidazolium macrocycle based on bridged tetraphenylethylene and their quenching by C60, J. Org. Chem. 2014, 79 (12), 5746–5751.
• Song-Song, Jin-Hua Wang, Hai-Tao Feng, Zhi-Hua Zhu, Yan-Song Zheng,* Supramolecular hydrogel based on amphiphilic calixarene and its application in the synthesis of silica nanotubes, ASC Adv. 2014, 4(47), 24909–24913.
• Jin-Hua Wang, Yi-Chang Chen, Yan-Song Zheng,* Chang-Hong Shen, Selective nitration of calixarenes that easily gave inherently chiral calixarenes, J. Incl. Phenom. Macro. Chem. 2014, 80, 449– 455.
• Chun Zhang,* Yan-Song Zheng,* et al., Tetraphenylethylene-based expanded oxacalixarene: synthesis, structure, and its supramolecular grid assemblies directed by guests in the solid state. J. Org. Chem. 2014, 79(6), 2729–2732.
• Song-Song, Hua-Fei Zheng, Dong-Mi Li, Jin-Hua Wang, Hia-Tao Feng, Zhi-Hua Zhu, Yi-Chang Chen, Yan-Song Zheng,* Monomer emission and aggregate emission of TPE derivatives in the presence of γ‑cyclodextrin, Org. Lett. 2014, 16 (8), 2170–2173.
• Hai-Tao Feng, Song-Song, Yi-Chang Chen, Chang-Hong Shen, Yan-Song Zheng,* Self-assembled tetraphenylethylene macrocycle nanofibrous materials for the visual detection of copper(II) in water, J. Mater. Chem. C, 2014, 2, 2353–2359
• Hai-Tao Feng, Yan-Song Zheng,* Highly Sensitive and Selective detection of nitrophenolic explosives by using nanospheres of a tetraphenylethylene macrocycle displaying aggregation-induced emission, Chem. Eur. J. 2014, 20, 195 – 201.
• Song Song, Yan-Song Zheng,* Hollow spheres self-assembled by a tetraphenylethylene macrocycle and their transformation to bird nests under ultrasound, Org. Lett., 2013, 15 (4), 820–823.
• Dong-Mi Li, Yi-Chang Chen, Chun-Zhang, Song Song, Yan-Song Zheng,* Different morphologies of silica synthesized using organic templates from the same class of chiral compounds, J. Mater. Chem. B, 2013, 1, 1622–1627.
• Yi-Long Duan, Yan-Song Zheng,* A new sensitive and selective fluorescence probe for detection of cyanide, Talanta, 2013, 107, 332–337.
• Yi-Chang Chen, Huan Wang, Dong-Mi Li, Yan-Song Zheng,* Exceptional acid–base organogelators for a wide variety of organic liquids and their many applications, Eur. J. Org. Chem., 2013, 8, 1521–1529.
• Ning-Ning Liu, Song Song, Dong-Mi Li, Yan-Song Zheng,* Highly sensitive determination of enantiomer composition of chiral acids based on aggregation-induced emission, Chem. Commun., 2012, 48, 4908–4910.
• Dong-Mi Li, Huan Wang, Yan-Song Zheng,* Light-emitting property of simple AIE compounds in gel, suspension and precipitates, and application to quantitative determination of enantiomer composition, Chem. Commun., 2012, 48, 3176–3178, cover paper.
• Hong Huang, Dong-Mi Li, Wei-Zhou Wang, Yi-Chang Chen, Yan-Song Zheng,* Effect of carboxylic acid on micelles of an neutral amphiphilic dendro-calixarene, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2012, 10, 729–735, cover paper.
• Khalid Khan, Hong Huang, Yan-Song Zheng,* Design, synthesis, and transport potential of a new family of nonionic amphiphilic dendro-calixarene, Curr. Org. Chem., 2012, 16, 2745–2751.
• Jun Luo, Yan-Song Zheng,* Supramolecular chirality based on calixarenes, Curr. Org. Chem., 2012, 16, 483–506.
• Organic Chemistry
• Experimental Organic Chemistry
• Fine Organic Chemical Products
• Organic Synthesis