Associate Professor of Chemistry
Phone: (86) 27-87543032
Academic Areas: Analytical chemistry
The research work in Chen's group has two main focuses. One is the development of novel spectroscopy techniques for high-throughput detection of biomolecules and investigation of molecular interactions; the other is to synthesize novel fluorescence probe and study the optical property and analytical application of them.
Jun. 2004, Ph. D. in Analytical chemistry: College of Chemistry and Molecular Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, P. R. China.
Jul. 1996, B. S. in chemistry: Department of Chemistry, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, P. R. China.
2007 ~ present, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Associate Professor
2004-2007, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, lecturer
Jul. 1996 ~ Jul. 1999, of HuBei Research Institute of Chemistry, Practice researcher
(* Noted corresponding author)
1. Biyun Fang, Yan Liang, Fang Chen*, Highly sensitive and selective determination of cupric ions by using N,N'-bis(salicylidene)-o-phenylenediamine as fluorescent chemosensor and related applications, Talanta, 2013, in press.
2. Ting Wu, Biyun Fang, Lin Chang, Min Liu, Fang Chen*, Sensitive determination of DNA based on the interaction between prulifloxacin – terbium (III) complex and DNA, Luminescence: The Journal of Biological and Chemical Luminescence, 2013, in press.
3. Biyun Fang, Yan Liang, Ting Wu, Lin Chang, Quanying Zhou, Fang Chen*, Determination of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid base on the reversion of fluorescence quenching of 2-pyridinecarbaldehyde-p-phenyldihydrazone by ferric iron, Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 2013, 116: 440-445.
4. Lin Chang, Ting Wu, Fang Chen*, Determination of L-cysteine base on the reversion of fluorescence quenching of calcein by copper(II) ion, Microchimica Acta, 2012, 177: 295-300.
5. Spectral study of the interaction between 2-pyridinecarbaldehy- p-phenyldihydrazone and ferric iron and its analytical application, Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 2012, 92: 78-83.
6. Fengshan Yu, Lin Li, Fang Chen*, Weizhou Liu, Terbium sensitized chemiluminescence of potassium permanganate-sodium thiosulfate-prulifloxacin system and its application, Analytical Letters, 2010, 43(02): 357 - 366.
7. Fengshan Yu, Lin Li, Fang Chen*, Determination of adenosine disodium triphosphate using prulifloxacin-terbium(III) as a fluorescence probe by spectrofluorimetry, Analytica Chimica Acta, 2008, 610(2): 257-262.
8. Fengshan Yu, Fang Chen*, Lanhua Chen*, Direct chemiluminescence determination of fenbufen by the enhancement of the Ru(phen)32+ –cerium(IV) system, Microchimica Acta, 2008, 2008, 163: 297-303.
9. Fengshan Yu, Dazhai Zhou, Kangbing Wu, and Fang Chen*, Sensitive Determination of Prulifloxacin by Its Fluorescence Enhancement on Terbium(III)–Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate System, Analytical Letters, 2008, 41(17): 3124-3137.
10. Fengshan Yu, Weizhou Liu, Fang Chen*, Ping Cai, Highly sensitive spectrofluorimetric determination of trace amounts of prulifloxacin using a aluminium(III)–sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate probe. Luminescence, 2008, 23: 429-433.
11. Jiang LL, Hu JH, Chen F*, Cai P, He ZK, Interaction between daunomycin and deoxyribonucleic acid using Ru(phen)2dppx2+ as spectroscopic probe. Chinese Journal of Analytical Chemistry, 2007, 35 (7): 1051-1054 (In Chinese).
12. Jianping Huang, Fang Chen*, Zhike He, Resonance light scattering method for DNA detection using Ru(bpy)2PIP(Ⅴ)2+, Microchimica Acta, 2007, 157(3-4): 181-187.
13. Fang Chen*, Jianping Huang, Zhike He, [Ru(phen)2(dppz)]2+ assemble on the surface of the SDS micelle and its application for the determination of DNA, Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, 2006, 27(10): 1655-1658.
14. Fang Chen, Xin-Ping Ai, Zhi-Ke He, Mei-Ju Li, Xiang-Dong Chen, A simple and reliable method for the determination of exocellular DNA in a bacteria culture by Ru(phen)2(dppz)2+, Spectroscopy Letters, 2005, 38(2), 99-108.
15. Fang Chen, Xin-Ping Ai, Zhi-Ke He, Optical Properties of Ru(bipy)2(dppx)2+ in Different Environments, Wuhan University Journal of Natural Sciences, 2005, 10(5), 904-908.
16. Chen F, He ZK, Studies on Ru(bipy)2dppx2+ as interacting mode spectroscopic probe of DNA. Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis, 2005, 25 (12): 2052-2055 (In Chinese).
17. Fang CHEN, Jianping Huang, Xinping Ai, Zhike He, A Novel Optical Properties of Molecular "Light Switch" and Analytical Application, Chinese Chemical Letters, 2004, 15(10), 1201-1204.
18. Fang Chen, Jianping Huang, Xinping Ai, Zhike He, Determination of DNA by Rayleigh light scattering enhancement of molecular "light switches", Analyst, 2003, 128(12), 1462-1466.
19. Chen F, Zhou F, He ZK, Determination of deoxyribonucleic acid by using fluorescence quenching of quinoline sulphate. Chinese Journal of Analytical chemistry, 2003, 31 (12): 1450-1453 (In Chinese).
20. F. Chen, Z.K. He, Spectral study of molecular “light switch” complexes and their applications in the determination of DNA. Luminescence, 2002, 17(4), 240-241.
21. Hong Ying Duan, Fang Chen, Xin Ping A1, Zhi Ke He, The Interaction between Propranolol and Gold Nanoparticles and its Analytical Application, Chinese Chemical Letters, 2005, 16(7), 947-950.
22. Lian-Sheng Ling, Zhi-Ke He, Fang Chen, Yun-E. Zeng, Single-mismatch detection using nucleic acid molecular ‘light switch’, Talanta, 2003, 59, 269-275.
23. Lian Sheng Ling, Zhi Ke He, Fang Chen, Hua Shan Zhang, Yun E Zeng, Study on Triplex DNA by Use of Molecular “Light Switch” Complex of Ru(phen)2(dppx)2+, Chinese Chemical Letters, 2003, 14(3), 300-303.
2012, The top ten female staff of Huazhong University of Science and Technology
2013, Second Prize of Teaching competition, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
2005~2009, Second Prize of Teaching (three times), Huazhong University of Science and Technology
2008, First Prize of Teaching Production
Instrumental Analysis and Experiment (for undergraduate student)
Modern Bioanalysis Technology (for graduated student)
National Science Foundation of China (No. 20805016)
Natural Science Foundation of Hubei province (2008CDZ025)
Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China (HUST: 2012QN141).