Associate Professor of Chemistry
Academic Areas: Catalytic Chemistry
Chen Zhuqi was born in 1983. He received his B.Sc. and Ph.D. in chemistry from Peking University under the supervision of Professor Chunhui Huang in 2010, studying transition metals and lanthanides complexes. Then he carried out postdoctoral research in collaboration with professor Zhenghe Xu in University of Alberta in Canada for two years. In 2012 he joined the research group of Guochuan Yin in Huazhong University of Science and Technology as an Associate Professor of Chemistry. His research interests currently embrace transition metal based catalytic oxidation, typically include understanding the oxidative properties of the active multi-metal intermediates, as well as exploring new catalysts for environmental medication and pollution abatement in industry.
2001-2005 B.Sc. in College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, China.
2005-2010 Ph.D. in College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, China.
2012- Associate Professor of Chemistry ,Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
2010-2012 Postdoc in Department of Chemical and Material Engineering ,University of Alberta, Canada
11. Dong L, Wang Y. J, Lv Y. Z., Chen Z. Q., Mei F. M., Xiong H., and Yin G. C. ; Lewis-Acid-Promoted Stoichiometric and Catalytic Oxidations by Manganese Complexes Having Cross-Bridged Cyclam Ligand: A Comprehensive Study; Inorg. Chem. 2013, 52, 5418−5427;
10. Zhou L., Song W., Chen Z. Q., and Yin G. C.; Degradation of Organic Pollutants in Wastewater by BicarbonateActivated Hydrogen Peroxide with a Supported Cobalt Catalyst; Environ. Sci. Technol.2013, 47, 3833−3839;
9. Guo H. J, Chen Z. Q., Mei F. M., Zhu D. J, Xiong H., and Yin G. C.; Redox Inactive Metal Ion Promoted C-H Activation of Benzene to Phenol with PdII(bpym): Demonstrating New Strategies in Catalyst Designs; Chem. Asian J. 2013, 8, 888 – 891;
8. Chen, Z. Q.; Bian, Z. Q.; Huang, C. H., Functional Ir-III Complexes and Their Applications. Adv Mater 2010, 22, 1534-1539.
7. Chen, Z. Q.; Ding, F.; Bian, Z. Q.; Huang, C. H., Efficient near-infrared organic light-emitting diodes based on multimetallic assemblies of lanthanides and iridium complexes. Org Electron 2010, 11, 369-376.
6. Chen, Z. Q.; Ding, F.; Hao, F.; Guan, M.; Bian, Z. Q.; Ding, B.; Huang, C. H., Synthesis and electroluminescent property of novel europium complexes with oxadiazole substituted 1,10-phenanthroline and 2,2 '-bipyridine ligands. New J Chem 2010, 34, 487-494.
5. Chen, Z. Q.; Ding, F.; Hao, F.; Bian, Z. Q.; Ding, B.; Zhu, Y. Z.; Chen, F. F.; Huang, C. H., A highly efficient OLED based on terbium complexes. Org Electron 2009, 10, 939-947.
4. Chen, F. F.; Chen, Z. Q.; Bian, Z. Q.; Huang, C. H., Sensitized luminescence from lanthanides in d-f bimetallic complexes. Coordin Chem Rev 2010, 254, 991-1010.
3. Lou, B.; Chen, Z. Q.; Bian, Z. Q.; Huang, C. H., Multisignaling detection of cyanide anions based on an iridium(III) complex: remarkable enhancement of sensitivity by coordination effect. New J Chem 2010, 34, 132-136.
2．Nie, D. B.; Chen, Z. Q.; Bian, Z. Q.; Zhou, J. Q.; Liu, Z. W.; Chen, F. F.; Zhao, Y. L.; Huang, C. H., Energy transfer pathways in the carbazole functionalized beta-diketonate europium complexes. New J Chem 2007, 31, 1639-1646.
1．Guan, M.; Chen, Z. Q.; Bian, Z. Q.; Liu, Z. W.; Gong, Z. L.; Baik, W.; Lee, H. J.; Huang, C. H., The host materials containing carbazole and oxadiazole fragment for red triplet emitter in organic light-emitting diodes. Org Electron 2006, 7, 330-336.
Hubei Outstanding Young Scientist (Chutian Xuezi)
Outstanding Poster Award, 6th International Conference on Coordination Chemistry
Outstanding doctororal dissertation, Peking University