Associate Professor of Chemistry
Academic Areas: composite materials
Dr. Liang Liyun is the Chemical Engineering Associate Professor of School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering at Huazhong University Science and Technology. Her research spans microporous materials, functional nano-composite materials, drug control and release system, green chemical products. She focuses on questions such as: What actually makes microporous materials having different adsorption properties? How can functionalizing by different functional groups effect the adsorption property? What kinds of new techniques are helpful for improving the mechanical properties of composite materials and preparing green chemical products? How can emulsion polymerization create new products with environment friendly? She has published research works at journals such as: Journal of Materials Chemistry, Chemical Communications, Polymer Chemistry, Nanoscale, Macromolecules, Polymer, Microporous & Mesoporous Materials, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Progress in Organic Coatings, et al. Dr. Liang teaches undergraduate courses at HUST, such as Chemistry of Materials, Addictive Chemistry, Practical Training course for fieldwork, and Special Experiment for chemical engineering. Recipient of two times Teaching Award of HUST and one time of prize of Teaching. Each year, there is one postgraduate student be available. Look forward you join in.
PhD in Chemical Engineering, South China University and Technology (1998.9 - 2003.6)
BA Degree in Fine Chemical Engineering, Wuhan Institute of Technology. (1991.9 - 1995.6)
Associate Professor, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Huazhong University Science and Technology (2013.12 - )
Lecturer, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Huazhong University Science and Technology, (2003.7- 2013.11).
Technician of factory, Liuzhou Dongfeng Chemical Company, Guangxi, China. (1995. 7- 1998. 8)
Part Ⅰ: Journal Papers in English
1. Liang LY*，Liu C.，Xiao X.，et al．Optimized Synthesis and Properties of Surfactant-Free Water-Reducible Acrylate-Alkyd Resin Emulsion [J]. Progress in Organic Coatings，DOI：10.1016/j.porgcoat.2014.05.015 (in press)
2. Zhang, SC; Chen, KP; Liang, LY*; Tan, B*. Synthesis of oligomer vinyl acetate with different topologies by RAFT/MADIX method and their phase behaviour in supercricitical carbon dioxide, polymer, 2013, 54: 5303-5309.
3. Li, BY; Huang, X; Gong, RN; Ma, MR; Yang, XJ; Liang, LY*; Tan, B*. Catalyzed hydrogen spillover of hydrogen storage on microporous organic polymers, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2012, 37: 12813-12820.
4. Li, BY; Su, FB; Luo, HK; Liang, LY*; Tan, B.* Hypercrosslinked microporous polymer networks for effective removal of toxic metal ions from water, Microporous & Mesoporous Materials, 2011, 138: 207-214.
5. Li, BY; Huang, X; Liang, LY; Tan, B*. Synthesis of uniform microporous polymer nanoparticles and their applications for hydrogen storage. Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2010, 20: 7444-7450
6. Chen, KP; Grant, N; Liang, LY; Zhang, HF; Tan, B*. Synthesis of CO2-philic Xanthate-Oligo(vinyl acetate)-Based Hydrocarbon Surfactants by RAFT Polymerization and Their Applications on Preparation of Emulsion-Templated Materials. Macromolecules, 2010, 43: 9355-9364
7. Luo, YL; Li, BY; Liang, LY; Tan, B*. Synthesis of cost-effective porous polyimides and their gas storage properties, Chemical Communications, 2011, 47: 7704-7706
8. Huang, X; Li, BY; Zhang, H; Hussain, I; Liang, LY; Tan, B. Facile preparation of size-controlled gold nanoparticles using versatile and end-functionalized thioether polymer ligands, Nanoscale, 2011, 3: 1600-1607
9. Yang, XJ; Li, BY; Majeed, I; Liang, LY; Long, XJ; Tan, B*. Magnetic microporous polymer nanoparticles. Polymer Chemistry, 2013, 4: 1425-1429.
Part Ⅱ: Journal Papers in Chinese
1. Xu, SJ; Liang, LY*; Li, BY; Luo, YL; Liu, CM; Tan, B*. Research progress on microporous organic polymers. Progress in Chemistry, 2011, 23(10): 2085-2094.
2. Liang, LY; Li, BY; Chen, B; Zhou, B; Chen, KP; Tan, B*. Research progresses of microporous polymers as hydrogen storage materials. Chinese polymer bulletin, 2008, (10): 6-12.
3. Huang, X; Zhang, H; Liang, LY; Tan, B. Preparation of Nanoparticles with Multi-Functional Water-Soluble Polymer Ligands. Progress in Chemistry, 2010, 22(5): 953-961.
4. Huang, YC; Liang, LY; Ren, X; Tan, B*. Nonisocyanate polyurethanes and their applications, Progress in Chemistry, 2011, 23(6): 1181-1188.
5. Liang, LY; Tan, B*; Zeng, YB; Zhang, LZ; Pan, HM. Effect of atomic oxygen on property of addition silicone rubber. Journal of Materials Engineering, 2009, (1): 64-69.
6. Liang, LY*; Guo, J; Tan, B. Preparation, characterization and drug-release property of 5-fluorouracil gelatin microspheres. Guangdong Chemical Industry, 2009, (5): 117-119.
7. Liang, LY; Wu, AP; Shi, DL. Effect of emulsion polymerization process on particle size of core-shell structure polyacrylate emulsion. Paint & Coating Industry，2008, 38 (5): 43-44.
• Prize of Teaching competition of HUST, third, 2012-2013.
• Teaching Award of HUST（second grade）, 2009-2010;
• Teaching Award of HUST (second grade), 2008-2009;
• Chemistry of Materials;
• Addictive Chemistry;
• Practical Training course for fieldwork;
• Special experiment for chemical engineering.
• Key Laboratory for Large-Format Battery Materials and System Ministry of Education;
• Hubei Key Laboratory of Material Chemisty and Service Failure.