Associate Professor of Chemistry
Academic Areas: Electrochemistry
Xiao Fei is the Associate Professor of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Huazhong University of Science&Technology. Her research works are in the fields of electrochemistry and material chemistry. Particularly the synthesis of noble type of carbon-based materials, electrocatalytic metal nanostructure including semiconductive materials and noble-metal nanostructure, and their applications in energy storage and conversion (supercapacitor and fuel cell) and bioengineering (electrochemical biosensor and bioelectronics) in special issues for the detection of biomarker in human living cell or tissue. Based on the above work, she has already published 20 papers as the first author or corresponding author in international journals.
PhD in Chemistry, 2010, Department of Chemistry, Wuhan University;
BA in Chemistry, 2005, Department of Chemistry, Wuhan University;
At Huazhong University of Science&Technology since 2013, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Associate Professor (2013-present);
School of Chemical and Biomedicinal Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Postdoctor (2010-2012).
• Facile synthesis of three-dimensional MnO2-graphene and carbon nanotube-graphene composite networks for high performance flexible all-solid-state asymmetric supercapacitors, Advanced Energy Materials, 2014, 1400064
• One-Pot Self-Assembled Three-Dimensional TiO2-Graphene Hydrogel with Improved Adsorption Capacities and Photocatalytic and Electrochemical Activities, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Vol. 5 No 6: 2227-2233, 2013.
• Facile and Green Synthesis of Palladium Nanoparticles-Graphene- Carbon Nanotube Material with High Catalytic Activity, Scientific Reports, Vol. 3: 2527, 2013.
• Growth of coral-like PtAu–MnO2 binary nanocomposites on free-standing graphene paper for flexible nonenzymatic glucose sensors. Biosensors and Bioelectronics Vol. 41: 417–423, 2013
• Coating Graphene Paper with 2D-Assembly of Electrocatalytic Nanoparticles: A Modular Approach toward High-Performance Flexible Electrodes. ACS Nano Vol. 6: 100–110, 2012.
• Growth of Metal-Metal Oxide Nanostructures on Freestanding Graphene Paper for Flexible Biosensors. Advanced Functional Materials 2012, 22, 2487–2494.
Hubei Outstanding Young Scientist “Chu Tian Xue Zi”, 2013
“Excellent Students of Baosteel Education Fund” and awarded “Outstanding Award”, 2009
• Inovation foundation of Huazhong University of Science and Technology Innovation Institute (No. CXY13M010)
• Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. 2014QN110)
• National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 21305048)