Associate Professor of Chemistry
Academic Areas: Organic Chemistry & Materials Chemistry
Feng Wenfang is an Associate Professor at School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering in Huazhong University of Science & Technology (HUST). Her research is focused on the design, synthesis, functional exploration, and application of electrolytes, with an emphasis on Ionic liquid electrolytes with advanced electrolyte material systems for improving the performances of rechargeable Li and Li-ion battery. She is engaged in several scientific research projects such as “New ionic liquids electrolytes based on fluorosulfonimide anions: Preparation, properties and their applications for Li (Li-ion) batteries”, and “New Lithium salt electrolytes: Preparation, properties and their applications for Li (Li-ion) batteries”, supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China. She is widely published in the leading scholarly journals in Electrical Chemistry and Materials Chemistry, and her work has been featured in a variety of media including Electrochimica Acta, Journal of Power Source, Journal of Fluorine Chemistry, Polymer, Solid State Ionics, etc. Dr. Feng teaches Organic Chemistry at HUST for undergraduate students and for international students. She was adored by her students and received the Distinguished Teaching Award at HUST in 2010 & 2011.
PhD in Molecular Biology, 2009, Huazhong University of Science & Technology, China;
Master Degree in Public Health, 2003, in Tongji Medical University (HUST), China;
BS Chemistry, 1997, in Wuhan University, China.
Since 1997, she has been a teacher at Tongji Medical University and then at HUST. 2012 to present, she was an Associate Professor at School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering in HUST.
• Ionic liquid electrolyte of lithium bis(fluorosulfonyl)imide/N-methyl-N-propylpiperidinium bis(fluorosulfonyl)imide for Li/natural graphite cells: Effect of concentration of lithium salt on the physicochemical and electrochemical properties, Electrochimica Acta. 2014, 149, 370-385.
• Polymeric ionic liquids based on ether functionalized ammoniums and perfluorinated sulfonimides. Polymer. 2014, 55, 3339-3348.
• Composite electrolytes of lithium salt/polymeric ionic liquid with bis(fluorosulfonyl)imide, Solid State Ionics. 2014, 256, 61-67.
• New hydrophobic ionic liquids based on (fluorosulfonyl)(polyfluorooxaalkanesulfonyl)imides with various oniums. Electrochimica Acta. 2013, 99, 262-272.
• Ionic liquids based on bis(2,2,2-trifluoroethoxysulfonyl)imide with various oniums. Electrochimica Acta. 2013, 94, 229-237.
• Lithium (fluorosulfonyl)(nonafluorobutanesulfonyl)imide (LiFNFSI) as conducting salt to improve the high-temperature resilience of lithium-ion cells, Electrochemistry Communications. 2011, 13, 265–268.
• Lithium bis(fluorosulfonyl)imide (LiFSI) as conducting salt for nonaqueous liquid electrolytes for lithium-ion batteries: physicochemical and electrochemical properties, Journal of Power Sources. 2011, 196, 3623–3632.
• Molecular modeling and biological effects of peptidomimetic inhibitors of TACE activity. J. Enzyme. Inhib. Med. Chem. 2010, 25, 459-466.
• Ionic liquid electrolytes based on multi-methoxyethyl substituted ammoniums and perfluorinated sulfonimides: Preparation, characterization, and properties, Electrochimica Acta. 2010, 55, 7134–7144.
• Ionic liquids based on (fluorosulfonyl)(pentafluoroethanesulfonyl) -imide with various oniums, Electrochimica Acta. 2010, 55, 7145–7151.
• Ionic liquids and plastic crystals based on tertiary sulfonium and bis(fluorosulfonyl)imide, Electrochimica Acta. 2010, 55, 1221–1226.