Associate Professor of Chemistry
Academic Areas: Biological Inorganic Chemistry
Li Hailing is the associate professor of Biological Inorganic Chemistry. Her research interest focuses on iron overload diseases. These researches including the study on the effects of iron overload on animal tissues and inhibitory effects of nature products. As a first author or corresponding author, she has published more than 10 papers in peer reviewed international journals such as Biochimie, Eur J Pharmacol, Food Chem Toxicol, etc. Li teaches some courses such as Inorganic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry Experiments and General Chemistry for undergraduate students.
PhD in Inorganic Chemistry, 2008, Huazhong University of Science & Technology
MS in Applied Chemistry, 1999, Huazhong University of Science & Technology
At Huazhong University of Science & Technology since 1999.
Associate Professor (2011-present); School of Chemistry & Chemical Engineering,
Instructor (2000-2011); School of Chemistry & Chemical Engineering.
1. Huang X, Feng Y, Huang Y, Li H*. Chemical composition, antioxidant, and the possible use as skin-care ingredient of clove oil (Syzygium aromaticum (L.) Merr. & Perry) and citronella oil (Cymbopogon goeringii) from China. Journal of Essential Oil Research. 2013, 25(4): 315-323.
2. Li X, Li H*, Lu N, Feng Y, Huang Y, Gao Z*. Iron increases liver injury through oxidative/nitrative stress in diabetic rats: involvement of nitrotyrosination of glucokinase. Biochimie. 2012, 94, 2620-2627.
3. Xu Y, Feng Y, Li H*, Gao Z*. Ferric citrate CYP2E1-independently promotes alcohol-induced apoptosis in HepG2 cells via oxidative/nitrative stress which is attenuated by pretreatment with baicalin. Food and Chemical Toxicology. 2012, 50: 3264-3272
4. Huang X, Yi L, Gao Z, Li H*. Simultaneous determination of seven active ingredients in three plant essential oils by using micellar electrokinetic chromatography. Analytical Letters. 2012, 45(14):2014-2025
5. Lu N, Yi L, Deng Q, Li J, Gao Z, Li H*. The interaction between desferrioxamine and hemin: A potential toxicological implication. Toxicology in Vitro 2012, 26: 732–735
6. Zhang Y, Huang Y, Deng X, Xu Y, Gao Z, Li H*. Iron overload-induced rat liver injury: involvement of protein tyrosine nitration and the effect of baicalin. European Journal of Pharmacology. 2012, 680(1-3): 95-101
7. Yi L, Li H*, Deng Q, Yuan Z. Study of nobiletin binding to bovine serum albumin by capillary electrophoresis-frontal analysis and circular dichroism. Biomedical Chromatography. 2010, 24(9):1023-1028.