Associate Professor of Chemistry
Phone: (86)27- 87543432-710
Academic Areas: Corrosion electrochemistry
Dr. Qiu Yubing is the associate professor at the School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering in Hua Zhong University of Science and Technology (HUST). He is the member of Chinese Society for Corrosion and Protection (CSCP) and the committee member of Speciality Committee of Soil Corrosion & Protection in CSCP. He has worked in the field of oilfield corrosion and protection for more than 20 years. His main research directions include: (1) Corrosion electrochemistry (basic theory and corrosion monitoring method and technology); (2) Corrosion behavior, mechanism and life prediction for materials in natural environments (soil); (3) Electrochemical protection technology (traditional DC impressed current cathodic protection and pulsed current cathodic protection); (4) Electrochemical technology for wastewater treatment. In recent years, he focused on the electrochemical mechanism for the corrosion of conductive PPy materials and the metal/metal oxide pH sensors. He has published more than 30 SCI papers in Corrosion Science, Electrochimica Acta, Journal of Electrochemical Society, etc., and have completed more than 20 projects supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, 863 Program, etc..
PhD in Materials Science, 2001, School of Materials Science & Engineering, HUST;
BA Applied Chemistry, 1993, Chemistry Department, HUST.
Teaching Assistant (1993.06 ~ 1996.06); Chemistry Department, HUST,
Lecturer (1996.07 ~ 2003.06); Chemistry Department, HUST,
Associate Professor (2003.07 ~ 2009.01); Chemistry Department, HUST,
Researcher (2009.02 ~ 2010.10); Fracture and Reliability Research Institute, Tohoku University,
Associate Professor (2010.11 ~ present); School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, HUST.
• Kai Qi, Yubing Qiu*, Zhenyu Chen, Xingpeng Guo. Pulse electrochemical incorporation of graphene oxide into polypyrrole films for supercapacitor electrode materials. Electrochimica Acta, 2014, DOI: 10.1016/j.electacta.2014.06.083.
• Kai Qi, Yubing Qiu*, Zhenyu Chen, Xingpeng Guo*. Corrosion of conductive polypyrrole: Effects of possibly formed galvanic cells. Corrosion Science, 2014, 80:318-330.
• Hualiang Huang*, Zhiquan Pan, Xingpeng Guo, Yubing Qiu*. Effect of an alternating electric field on the atmospheric corrosion behaviour of copper under a thin electrolyte layer. Corrosion Science, 2013, 75: 100-105.
• Kai Qi, Yubing Qiu*, Zhenyu Chen, Xingpeng Guo*. Corrosion of Conductive Polypyrrole: Effects of continuous cathodic and anodic polarisation. Corrosion Science, 2013, 69:376-388.
• Kai Qi, Yubing Qiu*, Zhenyu Chen, Xingpeng Guo*. Corrosion of Conductive Polypyrrole: Effects of Environmental Factors, Electrochemical Stimulation and Doping Anions. Corrosion Science, 2012, 60:50-58.
• HU Hai, QIU Yu-bing*, LI Qiang, LI Hai-chuan, GUO Xing-peng. Processing of Tertiary Oil Recovery Wastewater by Pulsed Current Electroflocculation Method. Environmental Science & Technology, 2012, 35(2): 173-177.
• Yubing Qiu, Tetsuo Shoji, Zhanpeng Lu. Effect of dissolved hydrogen on the electrochemical behavior of Alloy 600 in simulated PWR primary water at 290oC. Corrosion Science, 2011，53: 1983-1989.
• Huang, J. Y., Qiu, Y. B.* and Guo, X. P.. Comparison of polynomial fitting and wavelet transform to remove drift in electrochemical noise analysis. Corrosion Engineering, Science and Technology, 2010, 45 (4): 288-294.
• Y. L. Zhu, X. P. Guo and Y. B. Qiu*. Inhibition mechanism of sodium laurate to underdeposit corrosion of carbon steels in NaCl solutions. Corrosion Engineering, Science and Technology, 2010, 45(6): 442-448.
• J. Y. Huang, Y. B. Qiu* and X. P. Guo. Analysis of electrochemical noise of X70 steel in Ku’erle soil by cluster analysis. Materials and Corrosion, 2009, 60 (7): 527-535.
• HUANG Jiayi, QIU Yubing*, GUO XingPeng. Trend removal in the analysis of electrochemical noise by polynomial fitting with window technique. Journal of Chinese society for corrosion and protection, 2009, 29(1): 9-14.
• J.Y. Huang, Y.B. Qiu, X.P. Guo*. Cluster and discriminant analysis of electrochemical noise statistical parameters. Electrochimica Acta, 2009, 54: 2218-2223.
• Study on the electrochemical mechanism and kinetics for the corrosion of conductive polypyrrole, supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, 51371088, 2014-2017, project principal.
• Study on degradable fracturing ball, enterprise cooperation project, 2013-2014, project principal.
• Corrosion performance tests for heat exchange tube materials, enterprise cooperation project, 2013-2014, project principal.
• Electrochemical mechanism in the corrosion of conductive polypyrrole, supported by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities，HUST：2012QN147, 2012-2013, project principal.
• Effect of the feedback energy on Zn/AgO batteries, enterprise cooperation project, 2012-2013, project principal.
• Prediction technology for the cathodic protection system of Puguang gas field pipelines, enterprise cooperation project, 2011-2012, project principal.
• Intelligent Corrosion and Safety Monitoring System for Pipelines in Sour Oil-Gas Fields, Guidance Project of the National High Technology Research and Development Program of China (863 Program), SQ2007AA06Z229303, 2008~2010, main participator.
• Study on the Potential and Current Distribution Models on the Metal Surface in the Pulsed Electric Field, supported by the Science Fund of HUST, 2008~2009, project principal.
• Electrochemical Behavior Evaluation of the Anti-corrosion and Low Resistance Grounding Materials, enterprise cooperation project, 2008, project principal.
• In-suit Monitoring Technique and Quantitative Characterization Method of Morphology for Soil Corrosion, 2005DKA10400－Z10， special project of Construction of the National Test Network of Materials Environmental Corrosion belonging to National S&T Infrastructure Platform Program, 2006~2008, the second project principal.
• Influence of the Electrochemical Behavior of Segregation Phases on the Dissolution Mechanism of Al Sacrificial Anodes, supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China, 50671041, 2007~2009, main participator.
• Study in Nanometer Scale on the Mechanical-Electrochemical Behavior and Mechanism of the Inhibitor Film on the Metal/Solution Interface, supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China, 50471062, 2005~2007, main participator.
• Basic Theory and Application of Electrochemistry
• Applied Electrochemistry
• General Chemistry
• Theory of Electrochemistry
• Electrochemical Methods