Associate Professor of Chemistry
Academic Areas: Chemical Reaction Engineering
Dr Wang Huajun is an associate professor at School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering in Huazhong University of Science and Technology. His research interests are mostly focused on the following fields:
(1) Coupling reaction and separation technique. These techniques deal with the reactive distillation, coupling reactive distillation and pervaporation, and coupling reactive distillation and extraction distillation and so on. Some fundamental aspects of reactive distillation are being studied: vapor-liquid equilibria, liquid-liquid equilibria, reaction kinetics, and process modeling and simulation.
(2) Heterogeneous catalysis. His research is focused on developing some metal oxide catalysts which can be used to synthesize the ester, ether and so on.
(3) Extraction of natural plant essential oil.
Ph. D., Xi’an Jiaotong University, 2006, Chemical Engineering
M.A., Xi’an Jiaotong University, 2003, Chemical Engineering
B.E., Xi’an Jiaotong University, 2000, Chemical Engineering
2008-now, Associate Professor, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
2006-2008, Post-doctoral Fellow, East China University of Science and Technology
9. Pengfei Lu, Huajun Wang*, Keke Hu. Synthesis of glycerol carbonate from glycerol and dimethyl carbonate over the extruded CaO-based catalyst, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2013, 228: 147-154.
8. Huajun Wang*, Pengfei Lu. Liquid-liquid equilibria for the system diemthyl carbonate + methanol + glycerol in the temperature range of (303.15 to 333.15)K, Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, 2012, 57: 582-589.
7. Huajun Wang, Guangxing Li. Kinetic study on the synthesis of ethyl nitrite by the reaction of C2H5OH, O2, and NO in a trickle bed reactor, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2010, 163(3): 422-428.
6. Bolun Yang, Shiqing Lu, Jiang Wu, Huajun Wang. Complex reactions of hydration and etherification of isobutene over La-modified β molecular sieve. Chinese Journal of Catalysis, 2007, 28: 73-79. (in chinese)
5. Huajun Wang, Bolun Yang, Jiang Wu, Shiqing Lu. Macro-kinetic study of water removal from ethanol-water mixture near azeotropic concentration using reaction method. Chinese Journal of Catalysis, 2006, 27: 237-244. (in chinese)
4. Bolun Yang, Jiang Wu, Guosheng Zhao, Huajun Wang. Shiqing Lu. Multiplicity Analysis in Reactive Distillation Column Using ASPEN PLUS. Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2006, 14(3): 301-308.
3. Huajun Wang, Bolun Yang, Jiang Wu, Guosheng Zhao, Xianhu Tao. Multi-fields synergy in the process of reactive distillation coupled with membrane separation, Chemical Engineering and Processing, 2005, 44: 1207-1215.
2. Bolun Yang, Huajun Wang. Vapor Liquid Equilibrium for Mixtures of Water, Alcohols and Ether, Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, 2002, 47(5): 1324-1329.
1. Bolun Yang, Sanba Yang, Huajun Wang. Simulation for the Reactive Distillation Process to Synthesize Ethyl tert-butyl Ether. Journal Chemical Engineering of Japan,2001, 34(9) :1165-1170.