Associate Professor of Chemistry
Academic Areas: Analytic chemistry Environmental chemistry
Wang Nan is Associate Professor of College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering at Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST). She focuses on the determination of organic pollutants with fluorescence spectrometer, UV-Vis spectrometer, HPLC and GC, and the degradation of highly toxic organic pollutants with various advanced oxidation processes such as TiO2 photocatalysis, Fenton and Fenton like reactions, Ultrasonic and Microwave assisted systems, mechanochemical method. Her work has been published in a variety of journals including Angewandte Chemie-International Edition, Chemical Science, and Environmental Science & Technology. She was awarded National Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Award nomination of China (2014). Dr. Wang teaches Instrumental Analysis and Instrumental Analysis Experiment.
Ph.D. in Environmental Science, 2011, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
B.S. in Applied Chemistry, 2005, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
BA Psychology, 1989, University of California, Berkeley.
Associate Professor (2014-present), Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
Post-doctor (2011.11-2013.7), National Taiwan University, Taiwan;
Post-doctor (2011.3-2011.11), Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
Visiting student (2009.9-2010.9), Osaka University, Japan
• N. Wang, T. Tachikawa*, T. Majima. Single-molecule, single-particle observation of size-dependent photocatalytic activity in Au/TiO2 nanocomposites. Chemical Science. 2011, 2: 891-900
• N. Wang, L. Zhu*, M. Lei, et al., Linduced drastic enhancement of catalytic activity of nano-BiFeO3 for oxidative degradation of bisphenol A. ACS Catalysis. 2011, 1: 1193-1202
• N. Wang, L. Zhu*, K. Deng, et al., Visible light photocatalytic reduction of Cr(VI) on TiO2 in situ modified with small molecular weight organic acids. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 2010, 95: 400-407
• N. Wang, L. Zhu*, D. Wang, et al., Sono-assisted preparation of highly-efficient peroxidase-like Fe3O4 magnetic nanoparticles for catalytic removal of organic pollutants with H2O2. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry. 2010, 17: 526-533
• N. Wang, C.-P. Yee, Y.-Y. Chen, et al., Electrophoresis of a pH-regulated zwitterionic nanoparticle in a pH-regulated zwitterionic capillary, Langmuir, 2013, 29: 7162-7169
• N. Wang, C. Hsu*, L. Zhu*, et al.,Influence of metal oxide nanoparticles concentration on their zeta potential, Journal of Colloid & Interface Science, 2013, 407: 22-28
• A. Huang, N. Wang*, M. Lei, et al., Efficient oxidative debromination of decabromodiphenyl ether by TiO2-mediated photocatalysis in aqueous environment. Environmental Science & Technology. 2013, 47: 518−525
• M. Lei, N. Wang*, L. Zhu, et al., A peculiar mechanism for the photocatalytic reduction of decabromodiphenyl ether over reduced graphene oxide-TiO2 photocatalyst, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2014, 241: 207-215
• T. Tachikawa*, N. Wang, S. Yamashita, et al.,. Design of a highly sensitive fluorescent probe for interfacial electron transfer on a TiO2 surface. Angewandte Chemie-International Edition 2010, 49: 8593-8597
• Q. Liu, A. Huang, N. Wang*, G.Zheng, L. Zhu. Rapid fluorometric determination of perfluorooctanoic acid by its quenching effect on the fluorescence of quantum dots. Journal of Luminescence 2015, 161: 374–381.
• General program of National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 21477043), 2015.1-2018.12
• Young Scientists Fund of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 21107027), 2012.1-2014.12
• China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (Nos. 2011M501207 and 2012T50649), 2011.10-2013.12
Awards and Honors
• National Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Award Nomination, 2014, Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China
• Excellent Doctoral Thesis of Hubei Province, 2012, Hubei, China
• Excellent post-doctoral fellow, 2012, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
• State Studying Abroad Scholarship,2009, China Scholarship Council, China
• Awards for Excellent Papers, 2009,2008,2007, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
• First Prize Award of Excellent bachelor's Thesis of Hubei Province,2005, Hubei Provincial Department of Education
· Instrumental Analysis
· Instrumental Analysis Experiment.