Professor of Chemistry ,Vice Dean of School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Phone: (86) 27-87793240
Academic Areas: Polymer Physics and Chemistry
Zhu Jintao is the Professor of Polymer Science at Huazhong University of Science and Technology. His research interests include microfluidics processing of polymers and nanoparticles, design and fabrication of polymer materials with well-ordered structures, self-assembly of polymers and inorganic nanoparticles within confined spaces, drug delivery and controlled release, smart microgels and nanogels, and spherical photonic crystals. He has published over 50 peer-review papers, including J. Am. Chem. Soc., Angew. Chem., Int. Ed., Adv. Mater., Macromolecules, and Langmuir. The published papers have been featured as the cover of the Journals for 4 times. A Feature Article has been published in Polymer (2014, 55, 1079). Recipient of Chinese Chemical Society Youth Award (2013), New Century Excellent Talents in University (2009), and Chutian Scholars of Hubei Province (2009).
PhD in Polymer Chemistry and Physics, 2005, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
MS in Applied Chemistry, 2002, Hunan University, China;
BS in Chemistry, 2000, Hunan University, China.
Full Professor (2009-present); School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
Postdoctoral Researcher (2006-2009); University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA
Postdoctoral Fellow (2005-2006); University of Alberta, Canada.
• Encapsulation of nanoparticles in block copolymer micellar aggregates by directed supramolecular assembly: Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2011, 50, 5865-5868.
• Mesoporous block copolymer nanoparticles with tailored structures by hydrogen-bonding-assisted self-assembly: Advanced Materials 2012, 24, 1889-1893.
• Polymer microparticles with controllable surface-textures generated through interfacial instabilities of emulsion droplets: Advanced Functional Materials 2012, 22, 1692-1697.
• Construction of multifunctional photonic crystal microcapsules with tunable shell structures by combining microfluidic and controlled photopolymerizationm: Lab on a Chip 2012, 12, 2795-2798.
• Janus nano-disc of diblock copolymer: Advanced Materials 2014, DOI: 10.1002/adma.201305849.
Awards and Honors
• Chinese Chemical Society Youth Award, 2013
• New Century Excellent Talents in University, 2009, Chinese Ministry of Education
• Chutian Scholars of Hubei Province, 2009, Department of Education in Hubei Province.