Institute of Inorganic Chemistry and Chemical Biology is one of the earliest established Institutes in the School of Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, HUST. Researches in the Institute of Inorganic Chemistry and Chemical Biology are devoted not only to the frontiers of fundamental theory but also to the innovation of advanced technology. The Laboratory of Bioinorganic Chemistry and Synthetic Chemistry is assigned as key laboratory by Hubei Province and Inorganic Chemistry is identified as the province key disciples. Inorganic Chemistry is also one of the key disciplines of “211” and “985”projects of HUST.
1. Research fields
- bioinorganic chemistry,
- coordination chemistry,
- protein and peptide chemistry,
- bioorganic chemistry,
- free radical biology,
- inorganic materials.
Institute of Inorganic Chemistry and Chemical Biology now has 13 staff members, including 6 professors and 5 associate professors. 1 staff has been awarded by the New Century Excellent Talents in University.
3. Academic achievements
After nearly 30 years of accumulation and development, bioinorganic chemistry has been our distinctive field, especially in the researches about the biological function of selenium/selenoproteins and their relationship with serious diseases, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, and brain disease. In recent years, important progresses have been achieved in the researches about iron-catalized free radical biology and medicine, PII structure in the model peptides for unfolded proteins, coordination polymers with designed functions. In the recent 5 years, we have undertaken 8 projects of National Natural Science Foundation of China, and more than 100 papers have been published in peer reviewed international journals.
4. Teaching and graduates
Institute of Inorganic Chemistry and Chemical Biology has undertaken many undergraduate and graduate courses, such as Inorganic Chemistry, General Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry Experiments etc. Many students have been granted to take part in international operational researches and to be exchange students to US and other country. In addition, many alumni from here have become elites and leaders in famous corporations, universities and scientific organizations.
Join research conditionIn responding to the ongoing development needs of the school of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, we are seeking to recruit Professors at home or abroad. Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. Applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree and have been working in the front line of teaching and scientific researching.
2. Applicants should be competent to teach core courses.
3. Applicants should possess profound academic attainments with academic achievements generally acknowledged by peer scholars at home and abroad. They should have great potentials in future development, innovative concepts and strategic thinking, and the ability to lead their disciplines to approach, maintain or surpass the internationally advanced levels.
4. Applicants should below the age of 45 for natural sciences and the age of 55 for humanities and social sciences on January 1 of the year of their application.
5. Foreign applicants are normally expected to have assumed the position not lower than Assistant Professor or other equivalent positions at prestigious universities, while domestic candidates are supposed to hold the position of Professor or other equivalent positions.
6. If employed, applicants should work full time in the university within a year of signing the contract.